martes, 11 de octubre de 2016

Pompeii by Bastille

Pompeii de Bastille

 Todos hemos escuchado esta canción, honestamente es la primera canción que escuche de ellos y es por eso que empece a escucharlos. La letra obviamente habla de la erupción del Vesubio, que acabo enterrando a los habitantes de la ciudad. 
Aquí esta la letra:
I was left to my own devices
Many days fell away with nothing to show
And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Great clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

We were caught up and lost in all of our vices
In your pose is the dust settled around us
And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Great clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Oh where do we begin?
The rubble or our sins?
Oh where do we begin?
The rubble or our sins?
And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Great clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?



Entonces, ¿qué significa la canción? Pues enuna entrevista Dan lo explico:



"It's a moment of reflection and introspection, but they're trapped in time so it's a moment that'll go on for an eternity," frontman Dan Smith explained to NME.


Dan Smith told The Daily Telegraph that he was imagining what the dead inhabitants might have to say to one another. "It is essentially about fear of stasis and boredom," he added. "Being quite a shy, self-conscious person, I was afraid my life might get stuck."


Smith explained the song's meaning to The Sun: "Pompeii is actually an imagined conversation between two charred corpses reflecting on the city."


He added: "But that's why I don't like explaining a lot of my songs literally as it sounds bonkers – a song about two corpses yet the crowd are happily dancing along!"

 Despite the song's subject matter, it gets an energetic reaction when performed live. "It's pretty funny to watch people drunkenly jump around to it at festivals," Dan Smith told Rolling Stone.

Smith told NME that, as of 2013, he's never been to Pompeii, but the band was looking forward to visiting the Pompeii exhibit at the British Museum in Camden, England, where "they have an ashy frozen dog corpse, which I'm looking forward to. And a loaf of bread, a real ancient loaf of Roman bread."

Esas frases han sido algunas de las que ha dicho Dan en entrevistas, si quieren leer la página de donde tomé la información les dejo el link:
Pompeii by Bastille- Songfacts 

Y si de casualidad no han visto el video, igual les dejo el link:


4 comentarios: